Hoi zäme! Welcome back to FiliSwissed. In this post, I will be sharing with you my 8 sun protection tips based my experience. If you’ve seen my previous skincare posts (Sheet Masks, Skincare Routine), you know by now that I have dry and sensitive skin. The sun can further dry out my skin and I can feel the effects as it tells me “I’m parched, help me!”
I’ve had rashes also before due to the heat which was very irritating, and I was kind of embarrassed if it could be seen which is difficult during the summertime since I like to wear dresses and skirts in the season.
I also tan quite easily not long after being under the sun a few hours a day. Although there are people who pay to be tan, I would rather keep my skin as healthy as it can be and one of the ways to do is by protecting my skin from the sun. I believe it is better to prevent than to reverse the negative effects of the sun’s heat onto the skin.
My 8 Sun Protection Tips
- Apply sunscreen everyday and reapply after every 2 hours.
- If you’re at the beach or lake, it’s best to reapply sunscreen every hour and be wary of the water since it can reflect the sun rays wherein, you’d in turn get a sunburn.
- If possible, limit your time under the sun.
- Use a face mist.
- If possible and bearable, wear dark, long-sleeved shirts and pants that are lightweight and comfortable.
- Wear a hat as much as possible when under the sun.
- Wear sunglasses both your eyes and the skin surrounding it.
- Don’t use tanning beds or tanning lamps to achieve sun-kissed skin tone but a tanning lotion can do the trick instead.
Products mentioned in the video
- Avène B-Protect
- Banila Co Hello Sunny Hydrating sun essence
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios lip balm
- La Roche-Posay Athelios XL wet skin gel
- La Roch-Posay Posthelios after-sun antioxidant hydra gel
- Banila Co hydration facial mist
- Nature Republic Aloe Vera soothing gel mist
- Victoria’s Secret Coconut Sunshine on the Island body lotion
Bonus After-Sun Skincare Tips
- Cool shower
- Apply cooling gel (aloe vera gel)
- Drink lots of water
Reverse Photoaging Suggestions
- Use products with the following ingredients: Vitamin C, Green tea, Collagen
- Eat foods containing beta-carotene: carrots, broccoli, leafy green veg, mangoes, peaches, sweet potato, and tomatoes
- Fish oil (Omega-3 fatty acids): mackerel, herring, tuna, salmon, cod liver
If you found this post helpful, don’t forget to click the like button and leave a comment if you additional tips that I missed. Don’t want to miss out on more? Subscribe to my blog for future posts.
- Youtube: https://filiswissed.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FiliSwissed/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/filiswissed/
- TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@filiswissed
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/FiliSwissed
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.ch/filiswissed/